Fwd: Untenured Academics Publishing in Disability Studies

AH
Alyssa Hillary
Fri, Jul 2, 2021 12:25 AM

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Danielle Lorenz danielle.lorenz@gmail.com
Date: Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 5:12 PM
Subject: Untenured Academics Publishing in Disability Studies
To: DISABILITY-RESEARCH@jiscmail.ac.uk

Hi folks!

My name is Danielle; I'm a Ph.D. student and also an Associate Editor
(Social Media Editor) of the Canadian Journal of Disability Studies.

If you are an academic or community member who publishes in the area of
disability studies and do not have tenure from a higher education
institution, we would love to have the citation information for your
publication(s) so we can add it to our ongoing list. We are currently
accepting publications (books, book chapters, peer-reviewed articles, book
reviews, policy documents) from 2015 until 2021.  Didn't publish with CJDS?
That's ok; we want your work anyway (but seriously, consider publishing
with CJDS, too - it's open access!).

Please submit your work using the Google Form: http://bit.ly/3hNdk8k. If
Google is an inaccessible medium for you, please email me at
dlorenz@ualberta.ca and I can manually add your work in the coming weeks.

You can pursue the existing list of publications (55 authors have provided
more than 140 publications) at the following link:
https://bit.ly/UnTenuredDisabilityPubs
https://bit.ly/UnTenuredDisabilityPubs

Take good care, all!

Danielle

Danielle E. Lorenz (she/her)

PhD Candidate
Department of Educational Policy Studies
University of Alberta

Associate Editor
Canadian Journal of Disability Studies
Twitter https://twitter.com/TheCJDS | Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/TheCJDS/

Individual Learning Modules Editor
NAIT | Website https://ilm.nait.ca/home

Website Manager, Indigenous-Settler Relations and Decolonization Research
Cluster

Canadian Sociology Association
Website https://www.csa-scs.ca/files/webapps/csapress/isrd/

Co-Chair, Sociology of Disability Research Cluster
Canadian Sociology Association
Website https://www.csa-scs.ca/files/webapps/csapress/sodis/

--

ID: A white lop-eared bunny is sitting at an office cubicle. Presumably due
to exhaustion and/or overwork, they fall over.

End of message This Disability-Research
Discussion list is managed by the Centre for Disability Studies at the
University of Leeds (www.leeds.ac.uk/disability-studies). Enquiries about
list administration should be sent to
disability-research-request@jiscmail.ac.uk Archives and tools are located
at: www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/disability-research.html You can VIEW, POST,
JOIN and LEAVE the list by logging in to this web page.

---------- Forwarded message --------- From: Danielle Lorenz <danielle.lorenz@gmail.com> Date: Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 5:12 PM Subject: Untenured Academics Publishing in Disability Studies To: <DISABILITY-RESEARCH@jiscmail.ac.uk> Hi folks! My name is Danielle; I'm a Ph.D. student and also an Associate Editor (Social Media Editor) of the Canadian Journal of Disability Studies. If you are an academic or community member who publishes in the area of disability studies and do not have tenure from a higher education institution, we would love to have the citation information for your publication(s) so we can add it to our ongoing list. We are currently accepting publications (books, book chapters, peer-reviewed articles, book reviews, policy documents) from 2015 until 2021. Didn't publish with CJDS? That's ok; we want your work anyway (but seriously, consider publishing with CJDS, too - it's open access!). Please submit your work using the Google Form: http://bit.ly/3hNdk8k. If Google is an inaccessible medium for you, please email me at dlorenz@ualberta.ca and I can manually add your work in the coming weeks. You can pursue the existing list of publications (55 authors have provided more than 140 publications) at the following link: https://bit.ly/UnTenuredDisabilityPubs <https://bit.ly/UnTenuredDisabilityPubs> Take good care, all! Danielle *Danielle E. Lorenz (she/her)* *PhD Candidate* Department of Educational Policy Studies University of Alberta *Associate Editor* Canadian Journal of Disability Studies Twitter <https://twitter.com/TheCJDS> | Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/TheCJDS/> *Individual Learning Modules Editor* NAIT | Website <https://ilm.nait.ca/home> *Website Manager, Indigenous-Settler Relations and Decolonization Research Cluster* Canadian Sociology Association Website <https://www.csa-scs.ca/files/webapps/csapress/isrd/> *Co-Chair, Sociology of Disability Research Cluster* Canadian Sociology Association Website <https://www.csa-scs.ca/files/webapps/csapress/sodis/> -- ID: A white lop-eared bunny is sitting at an office cubicle. Presumably due to exhaustion and/or overwork, they fall over. ________________End of message________________ This Disability-Research Discussion list is managed by the Centre for Disability Studies at the University of Leeds (www.leeds.ac.uk/disability-studies). Enquiries about list administration should be sent to disability-research-request@jiscmail.ac.uk Archives and tools are located at: www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/disability-research.html You can VIEW, POST, JOIN and LEAVE the list by logging in to this web page.
SK
Susie Kisber
Mon, Jul 5, 2021 5:49 AM

Unsubscribe

On Fri, Jul 2, 2021 at 12:31 PM Alyssa Hillary via SDS-Discuss <

[...]

Tikkun Olam Prayer (Tikkun Olam is a Hebrew phrase meaning “repairing the
world”)

May we have the strength, wisdom, and clarity of vision to use our power to
work towards bringing peace and an end to oppression of all kinds.

May our rhetoric of inclusivity not be mere words. May we actively engage
in dialogue and action to end discrimination and prejudice. May we work
towards creating a world where no one is subject to inferior education that
renders marginalized peoples & histories invisible.

May we nurture local and global economies that foster sustainable growth
and end hunger, homelessness, and inadequate health care.

May we, and our loved ones be protected from harm and find moments to
nourish and cherish one another. May we offer each other understanding and
support as we travel on our sacred journey of tikkun olam.

  • This prayer was written in 2010 in the midst of the hate crimes happening
    on UC campuses by Susie Kisber. It was adapted from a prayer she had
    written as part of the "Blessings for Barack Scroll." The scroll combined
    prayers from 3000 diverse voices within the Jewish community and was
    presented to President Obama after he was inaugurated in 2009.
Unsubscribe On Fri, Jul 2, 2021 at 12:31 PM Alyssa Hillary via SDS-Discuss < sds-discuss@lists.disstudies.org> wrote: > > > ---------- Forwarded message --------- > From: Danielle Lorenz <danielle.lorenz@gmail.com> > Date: Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 5:12 PM > Subject: Untenured Academics Publishing in Disability Studies > To: <DISABILITY-RESEARCH@jiscmail.ac.uk> > > > Hi folks! > > My name is Danielle; I'm a Ph.D. student and also an Associate Editor > (Social Media Editor) of the Canadian Journal of Disability Studies. > > If you are an academic or community member who publishes in the area of > disability studies and do not have tenure from a higher education > institution, we would love to have the citation information for your > publication(s) so we can add it to our ongoing list. We are currently > accepting publications (books, book chapters, peer-reviewed articles, book > reviews, policy documents) from 2015 until 2021. Didn't publish with CJDS? > That's ok; we want your work anyway (but seriously, consider publishing > with CJDS, too - it's open access!). > > Please submit your work using the Google Form: http://bit.ly/3hNdk8k. If > Google is an inaccessible medium for you, please email me at > dlorenz@ualberta.ca and I can manually add your work in the coming weeks. > > You can pursue the existing list of publications (55 authors have provided > more than 140 publications) at the following link: > https://bit.ly/UnTenuredDisabilityPubs > <https://bit.ly/UnTenuredDisabilityPubs> > > Take good care, all! > > Danielle > > *Danielle E. Lorenz (she/her)* > > *PhD Candidate* > Department of Educational Policy Studies > University of Alberta > > *Associate Editor* > Canadian Journal of Disability Studies > Twitter <https://twitter.com/TheCJDS> | Facebook > <https://www.facebook.com/TheCJDS/> > > *Individual Learning Modules Editor* > NAIT | Website <https://ilm.nait.ca/home> > > > *Website Manager, Indigenous-Settler Relations and Decolonization Research > Cluster* > Canadian Sociology Association > Website <https://www.csa-scs.ca/files/webapps/csapress/isrd/> > > *Co-Chair, Sociology of Disability Research Cluster* > Canadian Sociology Association > Website <https://www.csa-scs.ca/files/webapps/csapress/sodis/> > > -- > > > ID: A white lop-eared bunny is sitting at an office cubicle. Presumably > due to exhaustion and/or overwork, they fall over. > > > ________________End of message________________ This Disability-Research > Discussion list is managed by the Centre for Disability Studies at the > University of Leeds (www.leeds.ac.uk/disability-studies). Enquiries about > list administration should be sent to > disability-research-request@jiscmail.ac.uk Archives and tools are located > at: www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/disability-research.html You can VIEW, POST, > JOIN and LEAVE the list by logging in to this web page. > _______________________________________________ > SDS-Discuss mailing list -- sds-discuss@lists.disstudies.org > To unsubscribe send an email to sds-discuss-leave@lists.disstudies.org > -- *Tikkun Olam Prayer (Tikkun Olam is a Hebrew phrase meaning “repairing the world”)* May we have the strength, wisdom, and clarity of vision to use our power to work towards bringing peace and an end to oppression of all kinds. May our rhetoric of inclusivity not be mere words. May we actively engage in dialogue and action to end discrimination and prejudice. May we work towards creating a world where no one is subject to inferior education that renders marginalized peoples & histories invisible. May we nurture local and global economies that foster sustainable growth and end hunger, homelessness, and inadequate health care. May we, and our loved ones be protected from harm and find moments to nourish and cherish one another. May we offer each other understanding and support as we travel on our sacred journey of *tikkun olam.* - This prayer was written in 2010 in the midst of the hate crimes happening on UC campuses by Susie Kisber. It was adapted from a prayer she had written as part of the "Blessings for Barack Scroll." The scroll combined prayers from 3000 diverse voices within the Jewish community and was presented to President Obama after he was inaugurated in 2009.