FW: JLCDS 17.2: Chronic Illness and Representation

DK
Devva Kasnitz
Tue, May 2, 2023 9:38 PM

FYI

Devva Kasnitz, PhD
Devvaco Consulting, 1614 D St. Eureka, CA 95501-2345 -- devva@earthlink.net or devvaco@gmail.com
Adj Professor, City University of New York—School of Professional Studies—Disability Studies
Text: 510-206-5767, She/Her/Hers

-----Original Message-----
From: MeCCSA Disability Studies Network MECCSA-DISABILITY@JISCMAIL.AC.UK On Behalf Of Professor David Bolt
Sent: Tuesday, May 2, 2023 4:17 AM
To: MECCSA-DISABILITY@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: JLCDS 17.2: Chronic Illness and Representation

Journal of Literary & Cultural Disability Studies Volume 17 Issue 2 Special Issue: Chronic Illness and Representation Guest Editors: Ana Bê and Emma Sheppard JLCDS is available from Liverpool University Press, online and in print, to institutional and individual subscribers; it is also part of the Project MUSE collection to which the links below point.

Articles
Introduction: Chronic Illness and Representation Ana Bê and Emma Sheppard
https://muse.jhu.edu/pub/105/article/893113

Crip Time as Space: Drawing Chronic Illness in Julia Wertz’s The Infinite Wait and Other Stories Crystal Yin Lee
https://muse.jhu.edu/pub/105/article/893114

In a “Time of Undiagnosis”: Unexplained Symptoms and Chronicity in Ali Smith’s Hotel World (2001) Alex Henry
https://muse.jhu.edu/pub/105/article/893115

“I know that nothing lasts for ever. I just thought I would have more time.” Representations of time in film about chronically ill women.
Theresa Heath
https://muse.jhu.edu/pub/105/article/893116

Good Doctors, Bad Lovers, and the Desire for Biomedical Authority in The Pain Chronicles and Pain: The Science and Culture of Why We Hurt Alyson Patsavas
https://muse.jhu.edu/pub/105/article/893117

Sanitizing Chronic Illness? Representations of Cystic Fibrosis in Contemporary Children’s and Young Adult Literature Dorothee Marx
https://muse.jhu.edu/pub/105/article/893118

Aesthetics of Pain, Fatigue and Rest – Working Methods of Chronically Ill Artists within Disability-led Performances Noa Winter
https://muse.jhu.edu/pub/105/article/893119

Comments from the Field
Before Crip Camp: Larry Eigner’s Autobiographical Fiction and Camp Jened George Hart
https://muse.jhu.edu/pub/105/article/893120

A Decade of Disability Studies
Kay Ross
https://muse.jhu.edu/pub/105/article/893121

Book Reviews
Porochista Khakpour, Sick: A Memoir.
Maggie Bridger
https://muse.jhu.edu/pub/105/article/893122

Shahd Alshammari, Head Above Water: Reflections on Illness.
Miriamne Ara Krummel
https://muse.jhu.edu/pub/105/article/893123

FYI Devva Kasnitz, PhD Devvaco Consulting, 1614 D St. Eureka, CA 95501-2345 -- devva@earthlink.net or devvaco@gmail.com Adj Professor, City University of New York—School of Professional Studies—Disability Studies Text: 510-206-5767, She/Her/Hers -----Original Message----- From: MeCCSA Disability Studies Network <MECCSA-DISABILITY@JISCMAIL.AC.UK> On Behalf Of Professor David Bolt Sent: Tuesday, May 2, 2023 4:17 AM To: MECCSA-DISABILITY@JISCMAIL.AC.UK Subject: JLCDS 17.2: Chronic Illness and Representation Journal of Literary & Cultural Disability Studies Volume 17 Issue 2 Special Issue: Chronic Illness and Representation Guest Editors: Ana Bê and Emma Sheppard JLCDS is available from Liverpool University Press, online and in print, to institutional and individual subscribers; it is also part of the Project MUSE collection to which the links below point. Articles Introduction: Chronic Illness and Representation Ana Bê and Emma Sheppard https://muse.jhu.edu/pub/105/article/893113 Crip Time as Space: Drawing Chronic Illness in Julia Wertz’s The Infinite Wait and Other Stories Crystal Yin Lee https://muse.jhu.edu/pub/105/article/893114 In a “Time of Undiagnosis”: Unexplained Symptoms and Chronicity in Ali Smith’s Hotel World (2001) Alex Henry https://muse.jhu.edu/pub/105/article/893115 “I know that nothing lasts for ever. I just thought I would have more time.” Representations of time in film about chronically ill women. Theresa Heath https://muse.jhu.edu/pub/105/article/893116 Good Doctors, Bad Lovers, and the Desire for Biomedical Authority in The Pain Chronicles and Pain: The Science and Culture of Why We Hurt Alyson Patsavas https://muse.jhu.edu/pub/105/article/893117 Sanitizing Chronic Illness? Representations of Cystic Fibrosis in Contemporary Children’s and Young Adult Literature Dorothee Marx https://muse.jhu.edu/pub/105/article/893118 Aesthetics of Pain, Fatigue and Rest – Working Methods of Chronically Ill Artists within Disability-led Performances Noa Winter https://muse.jhu.edu/pub/105/article/893119 Comments from the Field Before Crip Camp: Larry Eigner’s Autobiographical Fiction and Camp Jened George Hart https://muse.jhu.edu/pub/105/article/893120 A Decade of Disability Studies Kay Ross https://muse.jhu.edu/pub/105/article/893121 Book Reviews Porochista Khakpour, Sick: A Memoir. Maggie Bridger https://muse.jhu.edu/pub/105/article/893122 Shahd Alshammari, Head Above Water: Reflections on Illness. Miriamne Ara Krummel https://muse.jhu.edu/pub/105/article/893123 ######################################################################## To unsubscribe from the MECCSA-DISABILITY list, click the following link: https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=MECCSA-DISABILITY&A=1 This message was issued to members of www.jiscmail.ac.uk/MECCSA-DISABILITY, a mailing list hosted by www.jiscmail.ac.uk, terms & conditions are available at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/