Join the 1st ACM Europe Summer School on Accessible and Inclusive Technologies

NH
Nancy Hansen
Wed, Mar 27, 2024 2:28 PM

Re: Join the 1st ACM Europe Summer School on Accessible and Inclusive Technologies
Nancy Hansen
​Kirstein Rummery kirstein.rummery@stir.ac.uk;​
DISABILITY-RESEARCH@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Hello,
That is most unfortunate given the nature, content and subject matter of this conference. It could provide access to many more people who are often excluded because of numerous barriers. There is a certain level of irony here.
All the very best,
Nancy

Nancy E Hansen, PhD,

Professor, Director,

Interdisciplinary Master's Program,Disability Studies

Accessibility is not an optics issue or a choice it is a necessity

If you say I have special needs ... then just say the word disabled. Euphemisms only fuel ableism. Disability is not a dirty word.  Haben Girma
True Inclusion moves at the speed of trust. Atif Choudhury
128 Education Building

University of Manitoba, Winnipeg,

Manitoba, Canada, R3T 2N2

Email:Nancy.Hansen@umanitoba.camailto:Nancy.Hansen@umanitoba.ca

Chapter 18: DisAppearing Disability: Disability MAiD Invisible, by Nancy Hansen

https://canadianscholars.ca/book/disappearing/