Society for Applied Anthropology: Call for Presentations

PB
Pamela Block
Tue, Sep 5, 2023 6:34 PM

Let me know if you are interested in submitting presentations or panels to SfAA 2024. I will be assisting in organizing disability thematic interest group sessions and once again seeking help!

Please share.

From: Society for Applied Anthropology meeting@appliedanthro.org
Sent: September 5, 2023 12:21 PM
To: Pamela Block pblock@uwo.ca
Subject: Call for Presentations

Call for Papers

SfAA invites anyone in the Applied Social Sciences to submit abstracts (sessions, papers, posters, videos, and workshops) for the Program of the 84th Annual Meeting for the Society for Applied Anthropology in Santa Fe, New Mexico, March 26-30, 2023.

The theme for SfAA 2024 is "Enchantment and Transformationhttps://www.appliedanthro.org/annual-meeting#theme." In the 21st century, we must reckon with the inchoate process of facing and transforming the exclusionary relations and discourses that permeate our institutions, fields of work, partnerships, and habits of practice and thought. We invite social scientists to engage in, share, and reflect upon the work of transformation required of anthropology and to do so in the spirit of enchantment, of playful unruliness and wonderment at both the taken-for-granted and the new possibilities in our work. Contributors are invited to share their efforts to radically diversify applied social science in a way that is hospitable to those historically excluded—in terms of race, ethnicity, class, gender, sexual identity, and ability, among others—and to focus on dismantling the systems and relationalities that produce exclusion. How do social scientists greet the everyday with a sense of awe at the possibilities for justice and care? How can we imagine and operationalize possibilities for transformation within our disciplines, our fields of study, and in the general spaces in which we operate? How does applied social science look and feel when we put these perspectives front and center? We invite contributors to showcase new forms of collaboration for mutual benefit in the spirit of care and radical hospitality; identify how to use social science in the service of projects for inclusion, autonomy, and social change; and to expand social science to the point where multispecies perspectives are less of a specialization and more central to disciplinary practice and transdisciplinary collaboration.

Registrationhttps://www.appliedanthro.org/meeting-registration is required to submit an abstract. The priority abstract submission deadline is October 15. However, those interested in participating may submit abstracts as late as October 31, but registration fees will increase after October 16https://www.appliedanthro.org/meeting-registration. To begin the registration process and learn about the theme and participation options, please go to:

<https://www.appliedanthro.org/annual-meeting>

Let me know if you are interested in submitting presentations or panels to SfAA 2024. I will be assisting in organizing disability thematic interest group sessions and once again seeking help! Please share. ________________________________ From: Society for Applied Anthropology <meeting@appliedanthro.org> Sent: September 5, 2023 12:21 PM To: Pamela Block <pblock@uwo.ca> Subject: Call for Presentations Call for Papers SfAA invites anyone in the Applied Social Sciences to submit abstracts (sessions, papers, posters, videos, and workshops) for the Program of the 84th Annual Meeting for the Society for Applied Anthropology in Santa Fe, New Mexico, March 26-30, 2023. The theme for SfAA 2024 is "Enchantment and Transformation<https://www.appliedanthro.org/annual-meeting#theme>." In the 21st century, we must reckon with the inchoate process of facing and transforming the exclusionary relations and discourses that permeate our institutions, fields of work, partnerships, and habits of practice and thought. We invite social scientists to engage in, share, and reflect upon the work of transformation required of anthropology and to do so in the spirit of enchantment, of playful unruliness and wonderment at both the taken-for-granted and the new possibilities in our work. Contributors are invited to share their efforts to radically diversify applied social science in a way that is hospitable to those historically excluded—in terms of race, ethnicity, class, gender, sexual identity, and ability, among others—and to focus on dismantling the systems and relationalities that produce exclusion. How do social scientists greet the everyday with a sense of awe at the possibilities for justice and care? How can we imagine and operationalize possibilities for transformation within our disciplines, our fields of study, and in the general spaces in which we operate? How does applied social science look and feel when we put these perspectives front and center? We invite contributors to showcase new forms of collaboration for mutual benefit in the spirit of care and radical hospitality; identify how to use social science in the service of projects for inclusion, autonomy, and social change; and to expand social science to the point where multispecies perspectives are less of a specialization and more central to disciplinary practice and transdisciplinary collaboration. Registration<https://www.appliedanthro.org/meeting-registration> is required to submit an abstract. The priority abstract submission deadline is October 15. However, those interested in participating may submit abstracts as late as October 31, but registration fees will increase after October 16<https://www.appliedanthro.org/meeting-registration>. To begin the registration process and learn about the theme and participation options, please go to: <<https://www.appliedanthro.org/annual-meeting>>