STOP THE STIGMA Conference about Incarcerated Learners

WH
Wendy Harbour
Fri, Jan 5, 2024 7:19 PM

The Stop the Stigma conference is from Project AIM.  Here’s the description from the website.  This is not an NCCSD event – please contact Benjamin Wright with questions or go to the website for more details.  Would be great to see more about disability and accommodations presented at this event!

Description: “Project AIM is an initiative at SNHU with the mission to provide an educational pathway for incarcerated learners. We are in our third year of hosting STOP THE STIGMA, organized completely by current SNHU students. Our goal is to spread awareness to the community at large on the challenges faced by justice impacted individuals. The conference provides a space to discuss issues related to transportation, employment, housing, and educational opportunities.“

From: Wright, Benjamin <benjamin.wright4@snhu.edumailto:benjamin.wright4@snhu.edu>
Subject: [EXTERNAL EMAIL] Stop the Stigma Conference March 28-30!!

Hi guys!!

Some people on this email are already SNHU/Project AIM people, some of you know me from other projects-- I wanted to share that Project AIM through SNHU is hosting a 3 day conference in March. We feel it is really important to keep pushing out our important agenda not just to the SNHU community but to the Northeast United States as well. It will be a small but mighty event!! I wrote up a little blurb on my LinkedIn that I am copying here, if you could please help us get the word out that would be awesome. In addition to that, we would love to see the proposals from all of you!! If you can't make it in person, you can present virtually. Here it is!!! (LMK if you have any questions!!) The links to registration and to the call for proposals is below... Thank you for your help 🙂 I appreciate it!!!

Hi everyone,

I am excited to announce that Project AIM, an initiative of Southern New Hampshire University (Southern New Hampshire University) that provides an educational pathway for incarcerated learners, is hosting a conference titled STOP THE STIGMA from March 28-30. We will be a mix of an in-person and virtual conference. We are looking for presenters that can speak to one of three areas-- 1) legal/judicial, where we hope to hear from lawyers, judges, and legislators related to stopping
the stigma-- 2) the directly impacted, we would like to amplify the voices of directly impacted individuals who will share their experiences with the legal system, incarceration and reintegration back into their communities, and 3) from individuals and organizations that currently provide educational programs to those incarcerated. You can present either in person or virtually, which means you don't have to live in New Hampshire to present!!
The Call for Proposals Form: https://lnkd.in/gggASMi8https://shared.outlook.inky.com/link?domain=lnkd.in&t=h.eJwtjUEOgyAURK9iWDdQsCK40gN01ROQ_ylSFQzCqundW0x3M5OXeW9S0kqGhsw578fA2BoWpD4w59z0uHtFLg1ZKmBma5BBTMlC9jEcFguYmpbdpVj28SRoTI6B4EIK7KzhPcIVZAeooOWtUE-BXDMutdKtvklJe14Vtiq2GLJxr3HLQH_vdcdz__fPFyb2Nds.MEQCIE8UMDdRevhgGzo7Nd7btSaHgI1m3L4ZlKNYYqFsMvUDAiB0mwKX84a0_tPE8nQZtL_J5L1CUjecAuTG9OU_MxD6HA
Registration Form: This is for those who are interested in participating in STOP THE STIGMA either in person or virtually. Even if you aren't sure if you can go and want to-- please fill this out so we can start gauging the number of people that are interested. https://snhu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_b7xFQ19MwHsXKFEhttps://shared.outlook.inky.com/link?domain=snhu.qualtrics.com&t=h.eJwtjckKwjAYhF9FcpbEpJo2PfWiCOJBBPEm8U-6mqZmQUF8d414m_mY5YWiu6FyhtoQJl8S4sc24nuUt-A68BisIX2tSW2dIcfT5Zo_Nwcq9o-tP-82azSfoSHVZaulImCd0xA6O3qtIsikhqlxNk7VL4GtawgwyjhTKy1prmABfAWqgIxmrKiZooJQLgqRiSXnOKfpQqcLY8cgm74yAfB3PXH143___gAngkC1.MEYCIQDNecBeHp1LKE1NZ51uGfwWU6EzJ1Jn3-z7cBY5_idOaAIhANgKs9I0sHQ-HOXj274eO-TNy9DPHB7AhZKhQxtPW6fl

If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment here or e-mail me at benjamin.wright4@snhu.edumailto:benjamin.wright4@snhu.edu!!! I would love to see all of you, and there are so many of you that could provide a powerful presentation.

Thank you for your support!!!

Ben Wright,He/Him
Gryffindor/Ravenclaw Mixed Breed
BA, English- The Ohio State University
Master of English candidate, SNHU

"If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, then, you are an excellent leader." -Dolly Parton, icon

"Real courage is when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what." - Harper Lee, "To Kill a Mockingbird"

The NCCSD and DREAM welcome your opinion - please tell us about your experience with us in a very short confidential survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BX3PHSH

Dr. Wendy S. Harbour, Ed.D.
Associate Executive Director for Programs and Development at the Association on Higher Education And Disability (AHEAD)
Co-PI and Director, National Center for College Students with Disabilities (NCCSD) at the Institute on Community Integration (ICI) at the University of Minnesota

wendy@ahead.orgmailto:wendy@ahead.org or harbo002@umn.edu
Preferred Pronouns she/hers

651-583-7499 (Phone or VideoPhone)
704-707-5886 (Texts Only)

https://nccsd.ici.umn.edu/

I acknowledge, with respect, that I live and work on traditional, ancestral, and contemporary lands of Indigenous people, including the Anishinaabe, Chippewa, Ojibwe, Dakota (including the Mdewakanton Sioux), Northern Cheyenne, and the Waccamaw Siouan Tribe.  I affirm tribal sovereignty and will work to hold myself, my workplaces, and my affiliations accountable to American Indian peoples and Nations.

The Stop the Stigma conference is from Project AIM. Here’s the description from the website. This is not an NCCSD event – please contact Benjamin Wright with questions or go to the website for more details. Would be great to see more about disability and accommodations presented at this event! Description: “Project AIM is an initiative at SNHU with the mission to provide an educational pathway for incarcerated learners. We are in our third year of hosting STOP THE STIGMA, organized completely by current SNHU students. Our goal is to spread awareness to the community at large on the challenges faced by justice impacted individuals. The conference provides a space to discuss issues related to transportation, employment, housing, and educational opportunities.“ --- From: Wright, Benjamin <benjamin.wright4@snhu.edu<mailto:benjamin.wright4@snhu.edu>> Subject: [EXTERNAL EMAIL] Stop the Stigma Conference March 28-30!! Hi guys!! Some people on this email are already SNHU/Project AIM people, some of you know me from other projects-- I wanted to share that Project AIM through SNHU is hosting a 3 day conference in March. We feel it is really important to keep pushing out our important agenda not just to the SNHU community but to the Northeast United States as well. It will be a small but mighty event!! I wrote up a little blurb on my LinkedIn that I am copying here, if you could please help us get the word out that would be awesome. In addition to that, we would love to see the proposals from all of you!! If you can't make it in person, you can present virtually. Here it is!!! (LMK if you have any questions!!) The links to registration and to the call for proposals is below... Thank you for your help 🙂 I appreciate it!!! Hi everyone, I am excited to announce that Project AIM, an initiative of Southern New Hampshire University (Southern New Hampshire University) that provides an educational pathway for incarcerated learners, is hosting a conference titled STOP THE STIGMA from March 28-30. We will be a mix of an in-person and virtual conference. We are looking for presenters that can speak to one of three areas-- 1) legal/judicial, where we hope to hear from lawyers, judges, and legislators related to stopping the stigma-- 2) the directly impacted, we would like to amplify the voices of directly impacted individuals who will share their experiences with the legal system, incarceration and reintegration back into their communities, and 3) from individuals and organizations that currently provide educational programs to those incarcerated. You can present either in person or virtually, which means you don't have to live in New Hampshire to present!! The Call for Proposals Form: https://lnkd.in/gggASMi8<https://shared.outlook.inky.com/link?domain=lnkd.in&t=h.eJwtjUEOgyAURK9iWDdQsCK40gN01ROQ_ylSFQzCqundW0x3M5OXeW9S0kqGhsw578fA2BoWpD4w59z0uHtFLg1ZKmBma5BBTMlC9jEcFguYmpbdpVj28SRoTI6B4EIK7KzhPcIVZAeooOWtUE-BXDMutdKtvklJe14Vtiq2GLJxr3HLQH_vdcdz__fPFyb2Nds.MEQCIE8UMDdRevhgGzo7Nd7btSaHgI1m3L4ZlKNYYqFsMvUDAiB0mwKX84a0_tPE8nQZtL_J5L1CUjecAuTG9OU_MxD6HA> Registration Form: This is for those who are interested in participating in STOP THE STIGMA either in person or virtually. Even if you aren't sure if you can go and want to-- please fill this out so we can start gauging the number of people that are interested. https://snhu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_b7xFQ19MwHsXKFE<https://shared.outlook.inky.com/link?domain=snhu.qualtrics.com&t=h.eJwtjckKwjAYhF9FcpbEpJo2PfWiCOJBBPEm8U-6mqZmQUF8d414m_mY5YWiu6FyhtoQJl8S4sc24nuUt-A68BisIX2tSW2dIcfT5Zo_Nwcq9o-tP-82azSfoSHVZaulImCd0xA6O3qtIsikhqlxNk7VL4GtawgwyjhTKy1prmABfAWqgIxmrKiZooJQLgqRiSXnOKfpQqcLY8cgm74yAfB3PXH143___gAngkC1.MEYCIQDNecBeHp1LKE1NZ51uGfwWU6EzJ1Jn3-z7cBY5_idOaAIhANgKs9I0sHQ-HOXj274eO-TNy9DPHB7AhZKhQxtPW6fl> If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment here or e-mail me at benjamin.wright4@snhu.edu<mailto:benjamin.wright4@snhu.edu>!!! I would love to see all of you, and there are so many of you that could provide a powerful presentation. Thank you for your support!!! Ben Wright,He/Him Gryffindor/Ravenclaw Mixed Breed BA, English- The Ohio State University Master of English candidate, SNHU "If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, then, you are an excellent leader." -Dolly Parton, icon "Real courage is when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what." - Harper Lee, "To Kill a Mockingbird" The NCCSD and DREAM welcome your opinion - please tell us about your experience with us in a very short confidential survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BX3PHSH ----- Dr. Wendy S. Harbour, Ed.D. Associate Executive Director for Programs and Development at the Association on Higher Education And Disability (AHEAD) Co-PI and Director, National Center for College Students with Disabilities (NCCSD) at the Institute on Community Integration (ICI) at the University of Minnesota wendy@ahead.org<mailto:wendy@ahead.org> or harbo002@umn.edu Preferred Pronouns she/hers 651-583-7499 (Phone or VideoPhone) 704-707-5886 (Texts Only) https://nccsd.ici.umn.edu/ I acknowledge, with respect, that I live and work on traditional, ancestral, and contemporary lands of Indigenous people, including the Anishinaabe, Chippewa, Ojibwe, Dakota (including the Mdewakanton Sioux), Northern Cheyenne, and the Waccamaw Siouan Tribe. I affirm tribal sovereignty and will work to hold myself, my workplaces, and my affiliations accountable to American Indian peoples and Nations.