FW: Jason Ross Goodbye..............

DK
Devva Kasnitz
Thu, May 27, 2021 9:10 PM

Studies-Disability Studies
She/Her/Hers

.
From: Mariette Bates Mariette.Bates@cuny.edu
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2021 10:15 AM
To: sdskasnitz@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Jason Ross

From the Disability Studies in Education group:

With a heavy heart sorry to report the sudden passing of beloved LCA family
member Jae Casper (legal name Jason Ross) yesterday morning from natural
causes.

Jae had the heart and loving soul of an artist, and the fight of a warrior
-- using their degree in Disability Studies and unstoppable creative force
across genres to fight for social justice, mentor others, shatter disability
myths in media and move through the pain of stigma - for them and others. In
one word, Jae described their passion for working in the media as
"tenacity."

Jae considered Lights! Camera! Access! a "family by choice," supporting and
connecting with other creative kindred spirits, networking and building
creative teams. They was a proud Barbara Butz Memorial Fellowship winner,
participated in local NYC in-person career exploration summits since 2016,
and two national virtual summits. Jae enjoyed hiking, visits to the Bronx
Zoo and started the blog DriveMomCrazy.com
<http://DriveMomCrazy.com/?fbclid=IwAR2wwNCEEljVDoobsJjjisYosyLFdgO7z0jCQcRa
0xEoLkLwYY_F27c-5Nk>
Funeral service for Jason Ross (Jae Casper's legal name) - Friday, May 28th
at 12:30 pm ET.

Cedar Park Cemetery
735 Forest Avenue
Paramus, NJ 07652
To reach the funeral home, you can call: 201-262-1100

We will let you know if it will be live-streamed and when LCA and other
convene online

Mariette J. Bates, Ph. D.
Distinguished Lecturer and Academic Director, Disability Studies Program
CUNY School of Professional Studies
Leading Online Education at CUNY for 15 Years

P.  646-664-8580
E. mariette.bates@cuny.edu mailto:mariette.bates@cuny.edu