CFP: African American College Students with Autism

WH
Wendy Harbour
Tue, Sep 14, 2021 5:00 PM

See attachment for more details.

From: Lorrainne, Jackie <jlorrainne1@live.maryville.edumailto:jlorrainne1@live.maryville.edu>
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2021 6:49:11 PM
To: NCCSD <nccsd@ahead.orgmailto:nccsd@ahead.org>
Subject: autism research study

Hello,

I am the parent of a college student with autism and also a doctoral candidate at Maryville University, conducting research about African American college students with autism. The research study aims to explore perceptions, experiences, and self-efficacy of African American college students with autism.  I am contacting you because you may know families and/or college students who fit the inclusion criteria.  The participants for the study will include current or former college students who are at least 18 years old, identify as African-American, have a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder, and have a parent/guardian willing to participate in the study.  The interviews will be approximately 60 minutes in length and include questions about the student's ecosystem, the lived experience in many settings, their identity, and experiences with college disability services. Each parent and student participant will receive a $25 gift card.

Please share the attached flyer with potential qualified participants. Feel free to email me with any questions.

Thanks for your consideration.

Jackie Lorrainne
jlorrainne1@live.maryville.edumailto:jlorrainne1@live.maryville.edu

See attachment for more details. ________________________________ From: Lorrainne, Jackie <jlorrainne1@live.maryville.edu<mailto:jlorrainne1@live.maryville.edu>> Sent: Monday, September 13, 2021 6:49:11 PM To: NCCSD <nccsd@ahead.org<mailto:nccsd@ahead.org>> Subject: autism research study Hello, I am the parent of a college student with autism and also a doctoral candidate at Maryville University, conducting research about African American college students with autism. The research study aims to explore perceptions, experiences, and self-efficacy of African American college students with autism. I am contacting you because you may know families and/or college students who fit the inclusion criteria. The participants for the study will include current or former college students who are at least 18 years old, identify as African-American, have a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder, and have a parent/guardian willing to participate in the study. The interviews will be approximately 60 minutes in length and include questions about the student's ecosystem, the lived experience in many settings, their identity, and experiences with college disability services. Each parent and student participant will receive a $25 gift card. Please share the attached flyer with potential qualified participants. Feel free to email me with any questions. Thanks for your consideration. Jackie Lorrainne jlorrainne1@live.maryville.edu<mailto:jlorrainne1@live.maryville.edu>