FW: Finding Blindness: New Edited Book now available

DK
Devva Kasnitz
Mon, Nov 7, 2022 5:35 PM

FYI

Devva Kasnitz, PhD
Devvaco Consulting, 1614 D St. Eureka, CA 95501-2345 -- devva@earthlink.net or devvaco@gmail.com
Adj Professor, City University of New York—School of Professional Studies—Disability Studies
Text: 510-206-5767, She/Her/Hers

-----Original Message-----
From: MeCCSA Disability Studies Network MECCSA-DISABILITY@JISCMAIL.AC.UK On Behalf Of Professor David Bolt
Sent: Monday, November 7, 2022 6:17 AM
To: MECCSA-DISABILITY@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Finding Blindness: New Edited Book now available

Finding Blindness: International Constructions and Deconstructions

Edited by David Bolt

This book is now available and if you order from Routledge - you can use this voucher for 20% discount: FLR40

This edited volume explores blindness as a construct with which we the contributors engage as part of our social existence and/or academic research. Irrespective of eye conditions, or the lack thereof, blindness is an understanding at which we have all come to arrive. On the way to this conceptual point, which is in any case unlikely ever to be fixed, we have passed or visited many formative cultural stations.

In the terms of Autocritical Disability Studies (i.e. an explicitly embodied development of critical disability studies), these cultural stations include key moments in education and training; the reflective pursuits of philosophy, aesthetics, and cultural theory; literary works such as autobiography, novels, short stories, drama, and poetry; visual texts ranging from photography to postage stamps; technological developments like television, computer applications, and social media; value systems defined by family and/or religion; and the social phenomenon of hate and war. Each chapter in this volume engages with two of these cultural stations; some ostensibly if not profoundly positive or indeed negative, some that contradict each other within and across chapters. This book will be of interest to all scholars and students of disability studies, sociology, education and health.

For contents and further information:

https://www.routledge.com/Finding-Blindness-International-Constructions-and-Deconstructions/Bolt/p/book/9781032229928

FYI Devva Kasnitz, PhD Devvaco Consulting, 1614 D St. Eureka, CA 95501-2345 -- devva@earthlink.net or devvaco@gmail.com Adj Professor, City University of New York—School of Professional Studies—Disability Studies Text: 510-206-5767, She/Her/Hers -----Original Message----- From: MeCCSA Disability Studies Network <MECCSA-DISABILITY@JISCMAIL.AC.UK> On Behalf Of Professor David Bolt Sent: Monday, November 7, 2022 6:17 AM To: MECCSA-DISABILITY@JISCMAIL.AC.UK Subject: Finding Blindness: New Edited Book now available Finding Blindness: International Constructions and Deconstructions Edited by David Bolt This book is now available and if you order from Routledge - you can use this voucher for 20% discount: FLR40 This edited volume explores blindness as a construct with which we the contributors engage as part of our social existence and/or academic research. Irrespective of eye conditions, or the lack thereof, blindness is an understanding at which we have all come to arrive. On the way to this conceptual point, which is in any case unlikely ever to be fixed, we have passed or visited many formative cultural stations. In the terms of Autocritical Disability Studies (i.e. an explicitly embodied development of critical disability studies), these cultural stations include key moments in education and training; the reflective pursuits of philosophy, aesthetics, and cultural theory; literary works such as autobiography, novels, short stories, drama, and poetry; visual texts ranging from photography to postage stamps; technological developments like television, computer applications, and social media; value systems defined by family and/or religion; and the social phenomenon of hate and war. Each chapter in this volume engages with two of these cultural stations; some ostensibly if not profoundly positive or indeed negative, some that contradict each other within and across chapters. This book will be of interest to all scholars and students of disability studies, sociology, education and health. For contents and further information: https://www.routledge.com/Finding-Blindness-International-Constructions-and-Deconstructions/Bolt/p/book/9781032229928 ######################################################################## To unsubscribe from the MECCSA-DISABILITY list, click the following link: https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=MECCSA-DISABILITY&A=1 This message was issued to members of www.jiscmail.ac.uk/MECCSA-DISABILITY, a mailing list hosted by www.jiscmail.ac.uk, terms & conditions are available at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/