Fwd: FW: New neurodivergent festival and mentorships coming this Summer

AH
Alyssa Hillary
Mon, Jul 19, 2021 6:19 PM

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Aby Watson abswatson@gmail.com
Date: Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 1:53 PM
Subject: Fwd: FW: New neurodivergent festival and mentorships coming this
Summer
To: NEURODIVERSITY@jiscmail.ac.uk

Hello there,

I hope all is well in your world today ✨

I'm getting in touch to pass on a recent newsletter from The National
Theatre of Scotland, with some exciting information on NEUROSTAGES - a
two-day festival of workshops, provocations, discussions, screenings and
relaxed performance events curated by the Scottish Neurodiverse Performance
Network.

The festival will take place on 15th and 16th of October and will take a
hybrid format - taking place both online and in person at The Centre for
Contemporary Art in Glasgow. As part of NEUROSTAGES, four paid mentorship
opportunities are being offered for neurodivergent artists based in Scotland
to develop a new performance idea, or aspect of their practice, with
support from a mentor. Deadlines for the mentorships are at 12 noon,
Wednesday 4 August. Please see the below newsletter for more information on
NEUROSTAGES and the NEUROSTAGES Mentorships available. You can do this by
clicking the three dots at the end of this email, or by accessing it via
hyperlink here
https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-A98B11715B1718ADYY0AZ9C0A6D769DFC2628/cr.aspx
.

We want to spread the word about the festival - and the mentorship
opportunities - as far and wide as possible. I'm passing this on to you as
I thought it may be of interest to yourself and/or your wider networks. We
would be very thankful if you could share this information with those who
you think may be interested in attending the festival and/or applying for a
mentorship.

Warm wishes,
Aby Watson

View in browser
https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-B67668EFFA5CEAACVEZFZ66DD7E9E324F1D6A/cr.aspx

[image: National Theatre of Scotland Logo]
https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUBS-1/c.aspx

[image: Neurostages Logo (click to find out more). A black and white image
of a wide open room with lots of people around it. There are strands of
confetti on the floor and people are talking in pairs around the room.]
https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUA1-1/c.aspx

[image: Neurostages Festival]

15 & 16 October Online & CCA

NEUROSTAGES
https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUA2-1/c.aspx
is
a two-day festival of workshops, provocations, discussions, screenings and
relaxed performance events curated by the Scottish Neurodiverse Performance
Network (SNPN).

The festival is a neurodivergent-led platform and space to celebrate
neurodivergent-made theatre and performance work in Scotland. It is

for neurodivergent, autistic and learning-disabled artists and performers
at all stages of their creative and professional journeys. NEUROSTAGES
https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUA2-1/c.aspx

is also an opportunity for allies in the industry to experience the work of
neurodivergent artists, better understand some of the barriers faced, and
make new professional connections.

NEUROSTAGES
https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUA2-1/c.aspx

will be a hybrid online and in person festival taking place using Zoom and
at the CCA. Full programme and information on how to book will be announced
in August.

[image: Find Out More (click here)]
https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUA3-1/c.aspx

[image: Neurostages Mentorships Trailer (click to find out more). A woman
in a flowery shirt speaks directly to camera.]
https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRVLW-1/c.aspx

[image: Neurostages Mentorships]

As part of the festival we will offer four paid mentorship opportunities to
neurodivergent artists based in Scotland to start a new performance idea,
develop an existing idea or their practice with the support of a mentor.

We would like the artists selected to reflect Scotland’s neurodiversity. We
understand neurodiversity to mean any neurological difference from the
norm, including autism, ADHD, dyspraxia, learning disability, dyslexia,
epilepsy and a variety of chronic mental health conditions (if your
neurodivergence is not listed here please do not be put off from applying!).

Click the button below to find out more and apply for this opportunity,
which closes at 12 noon, Wednesday 4 August.

[image: Mentorships (click here)]
https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUA4-1/c.aspx

https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUBU-1/c.aspx

https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUBV-1/c.aspx

https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUBW-1/c.aspx

https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUBX-1/c.aspx

[image: What's On]
https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUBY-1/c.aspx

[image: Get Involved]
https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUBZ-1/c.aspx

[image: For Artists]
https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUC0-1/c.aspx

[image: Support]
https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUC1-1/c.aspx

[image: Latest]
https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUC2-1/c.aspx

[image: About]
https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUC3-1/c.aspx

Manage preferences
https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUC4-1/c.aspx

Unsubscribe
https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-B67668EFFA5CEAACVEZFZ66DD7E9E324F1D6A/uns.aspx

Rockvilla, 125 Craighall Road, Glasgow, G4 9TL

+44(0) 141 221 0970

info@nationaltheatrescotland.com

National Theatre of Scotland has been awarded the Silver LGBT Charter Mark
by LGBT Youth Scotland

The National Theatre of Scotland
A company limited by guarantee (SC234270).  Charity Number SC033377.

All content copyright © 2020 National Theatre of Scotland. All rights
reserved.

PARTNER CREDITS

NEUROSTAGES is delivered by the National Theatre of Scotland and SNPN, in
partnership with the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland and The National
Autistic Society.

[she / her / they / them]

dance artist, performer, facilitator, researcher

www.abywatson.co.uk / www.disorderingdance.com
http://www.disorderingdance.com

Please note that I am neurodivergent with dyslexia, dyspraxia and ADHD,
which may effect our email discourse. It takes me longer to process and
answer emails, so please keep this in mind. Do nudge me on things if you
require it, and feel free to ask for clarification if anything in my email
is unclear.

CURRENT PROJECTS:

To unsubscribe from the NEURODIVERSITY list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=NEURODIVERSITY&A=1

---------- Forwarded message --------- From: Aby Watson <abswatson@gmail.com> Date: Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 1:53 PM Subject: Fwd: FW: New neurodivergent festival and mentorships coming this Summer To: <NEURODIVERSITY@jiscmail.ac.uk> Hello there, I hope all is well in your world today ✨ I'm getting in touch to pass on a recent newsletter from The National Theatre of Scotland, with some exciting information on NEUROSTAGES - a two-day festival of workshops, provocations, discussions, screenings and relaxed performance events curated by the Scottish Neurodiverse Performance Network. The festival will take place on 15th and 16th of October and will take a hybrid format - taking place both online and in person at The Centre for Contemporary Art in Glasgow. As part of NEUROSTAGES, four paid mentorship opportunities are being offered for neurodivergent artists based in Scotland to develop a new performance idea, or aspect of their practice, with support from a mentor. Deadlines for the mentorships are at 12 noon, Wednesday 4 August. Please see the below newsletter for more information on NEUROSTAGES and the NEUROSTAGES Mentorships available. You can do this by clicking the three dots at the end of this email, or by accessing it via hyperlink here <https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-A98B11715B1718ADYY0AZ9C0A6D769DFC2628/cr.aspx> . We want to spread the word about the festival - and the mentorship opportunities - as far and wide as possible. I'm passing this on to you as I thought it may be of interest to yourself and/or your wider networks. We would be very thankful if you could share this information with those who you think may be interested in attending the festival and/or applying for a mentorship. Warm wishes, Aby Watson *View in browser <https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-B67668EFFA5CEAACVEZFZ66DD7E9E324F1D6A/cr.aspx>* [image: National Theatre of Scotland Logo] <https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUBS-1/c.aspx> [image: Neurostages Logo (click to find out more). A black and white image of a wide open room with lots of people around it. There are strands of confetti on the floor and people are talking in pairs around the room.] <https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUA1-1/c.aspx> [image: Neurostages Festival] *15 & 16 October Online & CCA* *NEUROSTAGES <https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUA2-1/c.aspx>* is a two-day festival of workshops, provocations, discussions, screenings and relaxed performance events curated by the Scottish Neurodiverse Performance Network (SNPN). The festival is a neurodivergent-led platform and space to celebrate neurodivergent-made theatre and performance work in Scotland. It is for neurodivergent, autistic and learning-disabled artists and performers at all stages of their creative and professional journeys. *NEUROSTAGES <https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUA2-1/c.aspx>* is also an opportunity for allies in the industry to experience the work of neurodivergent artists, better understand some of the barriers faced, and make new professional connections. *NEUROSTAGES <https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUA2-1/c.aspx>* will be a hybrid online and in person festival taking place using Zoom and at the CCA. Full programme and information on how to book will be announced in *August.* [image: Find Out More (click here)] <https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUA3-1/c.aspx> [image: Neurostages Mentorships Trailer (click to find out more). A woman in a flowery shirt speaks directly to camera.] <https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRVLW-1/c.aspx> [image: Neurostages Mentorships] As part of the festival we will offer four paid mentorship opportunities to neurodivergent artists based in Scotland to start a new performance idea, develop an existing idea or their practice with the support of a mentor. We would like the artists selected to reflect Scotland’s neurodiversity. We understand neurodiversity to mean any neurological difference from the norm, including autism, ADHD, dyspraxia, learning disability, dyslexia, epilepsy and a variety of chronic mental health conditions (if your neurodivergence is not listed here please do not be put off from applying!). Click the button below to find out more and apply for this opportunity, which closes at *12 noon, Wednesday 4 August.* [image: Mentorships (click here)] <https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUA4-1/c.aspx> <https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUBU-1/c.aspx> <https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUBV-1/c.aspx> <https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUBW-1/c.aspx> <https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUBX-1/c.aspx> [image: What's On] <https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUBY-1/c.aspx> [image: Get Involved] <https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUBZ-1/c.aspx> [image: For Artists] <https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUC0-1/c.aspx> [image: Support] <https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUC1-1/c.aspx> [image: Latest] <https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUC2-1/c.aspx> [image: About] <https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUC3-1/c.aspx> *Manage preferences <https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-VEZFZ-FRUC4-1/c.aspx>* *Unsubscribe <https://nationaltheatrescotland-mail.com/t/4TTJ-J4WY-B67668EFFA5CEAACVEZFZ66DD7E9E324F1D6A/uns.aspx>* Rockvilla, 125 Craighall Road, Glasgow, G4 9TL +44(0) 141 221 0970 info@nationaltheatrescotland.com National Theatre of Scotland has been awarded the Silver LGBT Charter Mark by LGBT Youth Scotland The National Theatre of Scotland A company limited by guarantee (SC234270). Charity Number SC033377. All content copyright © 2020 National Theatre of Scotland. All rights reserved. *PARTNER CREDITS* *NEUROSTAGES is delivered by the National Theatre of Scotland and SNPN, in partnership with the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland and The National Autistic Society.* [she / her / they / them] dance artist, performer, facilitator, researcher www.abywatson.co.uk / www.disorderingdance.com <http://www.disorderingdance.com> Please note that I am neurodivergent with dyslexia, dyspraxia and ADHD, which may effect our email discourse. It takes me longer to process and answer emails, so please keep this in mind. Do nudge me on things if you require it, and feel free to ask for clarification if anything in my email is unclear. *CURRENT PROJECTS:* - Curator / NEUROSTAGES <https://www.nationaltheatrescotland.com/events/neurostages> - Researcher / House Lights Up <https://www.boptheatre.co.uk/house-lights-up/> - Lead Artist / 'brut' or 'Back and Forth and Forth and Back' [working titles] <https://weareunlimited.org.uk/commission/aby-watson-brut/> ------------------------------ To unsubscribe from the NEURODIVERSITY list, click the following link: https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=NEURODIVERSITY&A=1