FW: Dr. Susan Peters

devva@earthlink.net
Fri, May 5, 2023 6:00 PM

We have lost another loooong term SDS member and scholar.
May her memory be a blessing!!

Devva Kasnitz, PhD
Adj Professor, City University of New York-School of Professional
Studies-Disability Studies
Telecommunications Access for the Deaf and Disabled Administrative
Committee, CA
1614 D Street
Eureka, CA  95501-2345
Text and Voicemail:  (510) 206-5767
Email:  mailto:devva@earthlink.net devva@earthlink.net
If you don't know me, I prefer email, Skype with IM, or text as I do have a
significant speech impairment.
NOW IN PAPERBACK! Occupying Disability: Critical Approaches to Community,
Justice, and Decolonizing Disability
Editors: Block, P., Kasnitz, D., Nishida, A., Pollard, N.
http://www.springer.com/us/book/9789401799836
From: Heroux, JoDell R herou1jr@cmich.edu
Sent: Friday, May 5, 2023 10:51 AM
To: devva@earthlink.net
Subject: Dr. Susan Peters

Good afternoon,

My name is JoDell Heroux and I was a student of Dr. Susan Peters and I
remember meeting you at a SDS conference several years back and wanted to
let you know that Susan passed away 2 weeks ago at her home surrounded by
her beautiful pups and some close friends. I know her reach was extensive
and she didn't have the ability to reach everyone, so I wanted to share with
you in hopes that you might be able to share with others.
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/east-lansing-mi/susan-peters-1125
7508
Sincerely,

JoDell

JoDell R. Heroux PhD
Professor of Special Education
Department of Teacher and Special Education
College of Education and Human Services
EHS 412I I 989-774-7176 I  herou1jr@cmich.edu mailto:herou1jr@cmich.edu
https://cmich.webex.com/meet/herou1jr
Central Michigan University resides on the traditional lands of the Council
of Three Fires, Anishinaabe peoples, of whom the traditional Saginaw
Chippewa is one. Learn more about honoring native land at
https://usdac.us/nativeland https://usdac.us/nativeland
If you say I have special needs ... then just say the word disabled.
Euphemisms only fuel ableism. Disability is not a dirty word.  - Haben Girma

We have lost another loooong term SDS member and scholar. May her memory be a blessing!! Devva Kasnitz, PhD Adj Professor, City University of New York-School of Professional Studies-Disability Studies Telecommunications Access for the Deaf and Disabled Administrative Committee, CA 1614 D Street Eureka, CA 95501-2345 Text and Voicemail: (510) 206-5767 Email: <mailto:devva@earthlink.net> devva@earthlink.net If you don't know me, I prefer email, Skype with IM, or text as I do have a significant speech impairment. NOW IN PAPERBACK! Occupying Disability: Critical Approaches to Community, Justice, and Decolonizing Disability Editors: Block, P., Kasnitz, D., Nishida, A., Pollard, N. <http://www.springer.com/us/book/9789401799836> http://www.springer.com/us/book/9789401799836 From: Heroux, JoDell R <herou1jr@cmich.edu> Sent: Friday, May 5, 2023 10:51 AM To: devva@earthlink.net Subject: Dr. Susan Peters Good afternoon, My name is JoDell Heroux and I was a student of Dr. Susan Peters and I remember meeting you at a SDS conference several years back and wanted to let you know that Susan passed away 2 weeks ago at her home surrounded by her beautiful pups and some close friends. I know her reach was extensive and she didn't have the ability to reach everyone, so I wanted to share with you in hopes that you might be able to share with others. https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/east-lansing-mi/susan-peters-1125 7508 Sincerely, JoDell JoDell R. Heroux PhD Professor of Special Education Department of Teacher and Special Education College of Education and Human Services EHS 412I I 989-774-7176 I herou1jr@cmich.edu <mailto:herou1jr@cmich.edu> https://cmich.webex.com/meet/herou1jr Central Michigan University resides on the traditional lands of the Council of Three Fires, Anishinaabe peoples, of whom the traditional Saginaw Chippewa is one. Learn more about honoring native land at <https://usdac.us/nativeland> https://usdac.us/nativeland If you say I have special needs ... then just say the word disabled. Euphemisms only fuel ableism. Disability is not a dirty word. - Haben Girma