FW: [Berkeley-disabled] "Two Writers; Three Books," Pushing Limits, Friday, May 5, 2:30 pm, 94.1fm., www.kpfa.org

devva@earthlink.net
Thu, May 4, 2023 9:02 PM

Our Sami!

Devva Kasnitz, PhD
Adj Professor, City University of New York—School of Professional Studies—Disability Studies
Telecommunications Access for the Deaf and Disabled Administrative Committee, CA
1614 D Street
Eureka, CA  95501-2345
Text and Voicemail:  (510) 206-5767
Email:  mailto:devva@earthlink.net devva@earthlink.net
If you don’t know me, I prefer email, Skype with IM, or text as I do have a significant speech impairment.
NOW IN PAPERBACK! Occupying Disability: Critical Approaches to Community, Justice, and Decolonizing Disability
Editors: Block, P., Kasnitz, D., Nishida, A., Pollard, N.  http://www.springer.com/us/book/9789401799836 http://www.springer.com/us/book/9789401799836
From: berkeley-disabled@googlegroups.com berkeley-disabled@googlegroups.com On Behalf Of Adrienne
Sent: Thursday, May 4, 2023 1:23 PM
To: adrienne@sonic.net
Subject: [Berkeley-disabled] "Two Writers; Three Books," Pushing Limits, Friday, May 5, 2:30 pm, 94.1fm., www.kpfa.org

This Friday, Pushing Limits explores three books with interviews with two authors with disabilities.
Stephanie Heit is the author of Psych Murders, a poetic memoir of her encounters with the psychiatric medical system.  Dr. Sami Schalk, professor of gender studies at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, discusses her book, Bodyminds Imagined: (Dis)ability, Race, and Gender in Black Women's Speculative Fiction, which relates disability, Blackness and speculative (science) fiction, and Black Disability Politics.
Pushing Limits
Friday, May 5, 2:30 pm
94.1fam, www.kpfa.org http://www.kpfa.org
Stephanie Heit is part of Turtle Disco, an imaginative creative space in Ypsilanti, Mich., along with her wife, longtime Bay Area disability culture fixture Petra Kuppers.  Dr. Schalk writes for mainstream outlets, serves as a board member for Freedom, Inc, and once twerked with Lizzo.  She identifies as a fat, Black, queer, cisgender, disabled femme.  She is polyamorous and a pleasure activist.
Stephanie Heit:  https://stephanie-heit.com/
Dr. Sami Schalk:  http://samischalk.com/
Pushing Limits: http://www.PushingLimitsRadio.org/
Archives: http://kpfa.org/program/pushing-limits/
Facebook: Pushing Limits Radio
Live Streaming: www.kpfa.org http://www.kpfa.org
Pushing Limits is produced collectively by people living with disabilities. Contact us.  Tell us what you think about what you hear.  pushinglimits@kpfa.org mailto:pushinglimits@kpfa.org
(If these every-couple-of-weeks e-mails come to you individually and you no longer wish to receive them.  Please me me know.

--

Our Sami! Devva Kasnitz, PhD Adj Professor, City University of New York—School of Professional Studies—Disability Studies Telecommunications Access for the Deaf and Disabled Administrative Committee, CA 1614 D Street Eureka, CA 95501-2345 Text and Voicemail: (510) 206-5767 Email: <mailto:devva@earthlink.net> devva@earthlink.net If you don’t know me, I prefer email, Skype with IM, or text as I do have a significant speech impairment. NOW IN PAPERBACK! Occupying Disability: Critical Approaches to Community, Justice, and Decolonizing Disability Editors: Block, P., Kasnitz, D., Nishida, A., Pollard, N. <http://www.springer.com/us/book/9789401799836> http://www.springer.com/us/book/9789401799836 From: berkeley-disabled@googlegroups.com <berkeley-disabled@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Adrienne Sent: Thursday, May 4, 2023 1:23 PM To: adrienne@sonic.net Subject: [Berkeley-disabled] "Two Writers; Three Books," Pushing Limits, Friday, May 5, 2:30 pm, 94.1fm., www.kpfa.org This Friday, Pushing Limits explores three books with interviews with two authors with disabilities. Stephanie Heit is the author of Psych Murders, a poetic memoir of her encounters with the psychiatric medical system. Dr. Sami Schalk, professor of gender studies at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, discusses her book, Bodyminds Imagined: (Dis)ability, Race, and Gender in Black Women's Speculative Fiction, which relates disability, Blackness and speculative (science) fiction, and Black Disability Politics. Pushing Limits Friday, May 5, 2:30 pm 94.1fam, www.kpfa.org <http://www.kpfa.org> Stephanie Heit is part of Turtle Disco, an imaginative creative space in Ypsilanti, Mich., along with her wife, longtime Bay Area disability culture fixture Petra Kuppers. Dr. Schalk writes for mainstream outlets, serves as a board member for Freedom, Inc, and once twerked with Lizzo. She identifies as a fat, Black, queer, cisgender, disabled femme. She is polyamorous and a pleasure activist. Stephanie Heit: https://stephanie-heit.com/ Dr. Sami Schalk: http://samischalk.com/ Pushing Limits: http://www.PushingLimitsRadio.org/ Archives: http://kpfa.org/program/pushing-limits/ Facebook: Pushing Limits Radio Live Streaming: www.kpfa.org <http://www.kpfa.org> Pushing Limits is produced collectively by people living with disabilities. Contact us. Tell us what you think about what you hear. pushinglimits@kpfa.org <mailto:pushinglimits@kpfa.org> (If these every-couple-of-weeks e-mails come to you individually and you no longer wish to receive them. Please me me know. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Berkeley-disabled" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to berkeley-disabled+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com <mailto:berkeley-disabled+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com> . To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/berkeley-disabled/b2140afd431f6f36f11cef45f3703209%40sonic.net <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/berkeley-disabled/b2140afd431f6f36f11cef45f3703209%40sonic.net?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> .