FW: News from the Canadian Journal of Disability Studies

DK
Devva Kasnitz
Mon, Aug 29, 2022 8:54 PM

FREE

Devva Kasnitz, PhD
Devvaco Consulting, 1614 D St. Eureka, CA 95501-2345 -- devva@earthlink.net or devvaco@gmail.com
Adj Professor, City University of New York—School of Professional Studies—Disability Studies
Text: 510-206-5767, She/Her/Hers

From: The Disability-Research Discussion List DISABILITY-RESEARCH@JISCMAIL.AC.UK On Behalf Of Danielle Lorenz
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2022 5:22 PM
To: DISABILITY-RESEARCH@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: News from the Canadian Journal of Disability Studies

Hello folks,

I'm emailing you to provide a few bits of news from the Canadian Journal of Disability Studies.

New Issue
The second issue of 2022 was published two weeks ago. Like the rest of the CJDS's issues, this one is free, open access, and screen-reader friendly. You can access the issue at the following link: https://cjds.uwaterloo.ca/index.php/cjds/issue/view/41

Back to School Content
For those who are familiar with the Twitterverse, tomorrow is the final day of our #BackToCoolCJDS campaign. We've posted approximately 42 articles published by CJDS that focus on schools, schooling, pedagogy, education, and similar fields. If you're still updating your syllabus for the term, please peruse the hashtag. We have also been posting the same to our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/TheCJDS/), but in a digest format.

Twitter Lecture
We are very excited to announce that we are hosting a lecture hosted through Twitter on Wednesday September 7th at 7pm Eastern time; unfortunately that is midnight UK time. If you're still awake at that time of day, you can "attend" live by perusing the hashtag #LectureCJDS.

In this lecture, Dr. Jeffrey Preston (Associate Professor, Department of Disability Studies, King's University College) will be delivering a multi-modal version of his paper "Discourses on Disability, Race and Masculinity in the Wheelchair Drake Meme" that was published in CJDS in 2021.

Because Twitter is the lecture platform, attendance is free. However, folks will need to have a Twitter account to ask Dr. Preston questions. For those who can't make it to the live event, Dr. Preston will be answering questions asynchronously as well. In addition, we intend to "roll up" the presentation and disseminate it on our social media channels, as well as publish it in a future issue of CJDS.

We are linking the lecture to that of a keynote presentation that would be delivered at a Twitter conference. For those who may not be familiar with Twitter conferences, The World Seabirds Union provides a great primer: https://www.seabirds.net/events/wstc/

Submit!
Finally, CJDS is, as always, looking for people to submit academic and creative works to be published. You can read more about the journal's submission policies at the following link: https://cjds.uwaterloo.ca/index.php/cjds/about/submissions

Closing
If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me off the list at dlorenz@ualberta.ca. mailto:dlorenz@ualberta.ca

Danielle E. Lorenz (she/her)

PhD Candidate
Faculty of Education
University of Alberta

Associate Editor
Canadian Journal of Disability Studies
Twitter https://twitter.com/TheCJDS  | Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheCJDS/

Co-Chair, Sociology of Disability Research Cluster
Canadian Sociology Association
https://www.csa-scs.ca/files/webapps/csapress/sodis/ Website

--

https://media.giphy.com/media/NKeVGRQ8Uj7Da/giphy.gif
ID: A white lop-eared bunny is sitting at an office cubicle. Presumably due to exhaustion and/or overwork, they fall over.

End of message This Disability-Research Discussion list is managed by the Centre for Disability Studies at the University of Leeds (www.leeds.ac.uk/disability-studies http://www.leeds.ac.uk/disability-studies ). Enquiries about list administration should be sent to disability-research-request@jiscmail.ac.uk mailto:disability-research-request@jiscmail.ac.uk  Archives and tools are located at: www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/disability-research.html http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/disability-research.html  You can VIEW, POST, JOIN and LEAVE the list by logging in to this web page.

FREE Devva Kasnitz, PhD Devvaco Consulting, 1614 D St. Eureka, CA 95501-2345 -- devva@earthlink.net or devvaco@gmail.com Adj Professor, City University of New York—School of Professional Studies—Disability Studies Text: 510-206-5767, She/Her/Hers From: The Disability-Research Discussion List <DISABILITY-RESEARCH@JISCMAIL.AC.UK> On Behalf Of Danielle Lorenz Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2022 5:22 PM To: DISABILITY-RESEARCH@JISCMAIL.AC.UK Subject: News from the Canadian Journal of Disability Studies Hello folks, I'm emailing you to provide a few bits of news from the Canadian Journal of Disability Studies. New Issue The second issue of 2022 was published two weeks ago. Like the rest of the CJDS's issues, this one is free, open access, and screen-reader friendly. You can access the issue at the following link: https://cjds.uwaterloo.ca/index.php/cjds/issue/view/41 Back to School Content For those who are familiar with the Twitterverse, tomorrow is the final day of our #BackToCoolCJDS campaign. We've posted approximately 42 articles published by CJDS that focus on schools, schooling, pedagogy, education, and similar fields. If you're still updating your syllabus for the term, please peruse the hashtag. We have also been posting the same to our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/TheCJDS/), but in a digest format. Twitter Lecture We are very excited to announce that we are hosting a lecture hosted through Twitter on Wednesday September 7th at 7pm Eastern time; unfortunately that is midnight UK time. If you're still awake at that time of day, you can "attend" live by perusing the hashtag #LectureCJDS. In this lecture, Dr. Jeffrey Preston (Associate Professor, Department of Disability Studies, King's University College) will be delivering a multi-modal version of his paper "Discourses on Disability, Race and Masculinity in the Wheelchair Drake Meme" that was published in CJDS in 2021. Because Twitter is the lecture platform, attendance is free. However, folks will need to have a Twitter account to ask Dr. Preston questions. For those who can't make it to the live event, Dr. Preston will be answering questions asynchronously as well. In addition, we intend to "roll up" the presentation and disseminate it on our social media channels, as well as publish it in a future issue of CJDS. We are linking the lecture to that of a keynote presentation that would be delivered at a Twitter conference. For those who may not be familiar with Twitter conferences, The World Seabirds Union provides a great primer: https://www.seabirds.net/events/wstc/ Submit! Finally, CJDS is, as always, looking for people to submit academic and creative works to be published. You can read more about the journal's submission policies at the following link: https://cjds.uwaterloo.ca/index.php/cjds/about/submissions Closing If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me off the list at dlorenz@ualberta.ca. <mailto:dlorenz@ualberta.ca> Danielle E. Lorenz (she/her) PhD Candidate Faculty of Education University of Alberta Associate Editor Canadian Journal of Disability Studies Twitter <https://twitter.com/TheCJDS> | Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/TheCJDS/> Co-Chair, Sociology of Disability Research Cluster Canadian Sociology Association <https://www.csa-scs.ca/files/webapps/csapress/sodis/> Website -- <https://media.giphy.com/media/NKeVGRQ8Uj7Da/giphy.gif> ID: A white lop-eared bunny is sitting at an office cubicle. Presumably due to exhaustion and/or overwork, they fall over. ________________End of message________________ This Disability-Research Discussion list is managed by the Centre for Disability Studies at the University of Leeds (www.leeds.ac.uk/disability-studies <http://www.leeds.ac.uk/disability-studies> ). Enquiries about list administration should be sent to disability-research-request@jiscmail.ac.uk <mailto:disability-research-request@jiscmail.ac.uk> Archives and tools are located at: www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/disability-research.html <http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/disability-research.html> You can VIEW, POST, JOIN and LEAVE the list by logging in to this web page.