FW: H-Disability: REGISTRATION open Disability Gaze Conference

DK
Devva Kasnitz
Sat, Mar 19, 2022 12:26 AM

FYI

Devva Kasnitz, PhD
Devvaco Consulting, 1614 D St. Eureka, CA 95501-2345 -- devva@earthlink.net or devvaco@gmail.com
Adj Professor, City University of New York—School of Professional Studies—Disability Studies
Text: 510-206-5767, She/Her/Hers

From: H-Net Notifications drupaladmin@mail.h-net.org
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2022 7:40 AM
To: devva@EARTHLINK.NET
Subject: H-Disability: REGISTRATION open Disability Gaze Conference

Greetings Devva Kasnitz,
A new item has been posted in H-Disability.

REGISTRATION open Disability Gaze Conference  https://networks.h-net.org/user/login?destination=node/9944263

by Jennifer Van Horn

We are pleased to announce that registration https://www.google.com/url?q=https://delaware.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3woY8rlXg35iNXE&source=gmail-imap&ust=1644942485000000&usg=AOvVaw1KJOoDmdtQ2pGfmtQGzdWp  for the conference "The Disability Gaze: Material and Visual Approaches" is now open. The third biennial conference hosted by The Center for Material Culture Studies at The University of Delaware, the conference seeks, through an interdisciplinary and material culture approach, to reclaim the disability gaze as it extends into lived experience. We ask how the disability gaze creates objects of visual and material culture and in doing so asserts disabled people's subjectivity.
The hybrid conference will take place at the University of Delaware’s STAR campus (Newark, DE) and online, and people may choose to attend in-person, virtually, or a combination of both.
Please visit our conference website https://www.google.com/url?q=http://disabilitygaze2022.squarespace.com/&source=gmail-imap&ust=1644942485000000&usg=AOvVaw2bDgC-CmCsmZFp3pqoPFRe  to register and for additional information, including the full program and more about our keynote speaker, the renowned artist, writer, and activist Riva Lehrer.
Registration is free. The deadline for registration is 3/28 for in-person attendees and 4/15 for those joining virtually.
Any questions can be sent to materialculture@udel.edu mailto:materialculture@udel.edu
Conference co-organizers: Jaipreet Virdi (UD History Dept.), Jennifer Van Horn (UD History and Art History Depts.), Sarah Wasserman (UD English Dept.)

FYI Devva Kasnitz, PhD Devvaco Consulting, 1614 D St. Eureka, CA 95501-2345 -- devva@earthlink.net or devvaco@gmail.com Adj Professor, City University of New York—School of Professional Studies—Disability Studies Text: 510-206-5767, She/Her/Hers From: H-Net Notifications <drupaladmin@mail.h-net.org> Sent: Friday, March 18, 2022 7:40 AM To: devva@EARTHLINK.NET Subject: H-Disability: REGISTRATION open Disability Gaze Conference Greetings Devva Kasnitz, A new item has been posted in H-Disability. REGISTRATION open Disability Gaze Conference <https://networks.h-net.org/user/login?destination=node/9944263> by Jennifer Van Horn We are pleased to announce that registration <https://www.google.com/url?q=https://delaware.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3woY8rlXg35iNXE&source=gmail-imap&ust=1644942485000000&usg=AOvVaw1KJOoDmdtQ2pGfmtQGzdWp> for the conference "The Disability Gaze: Material and Visual Approaches" is now open. The third biennial conference hosted by The Center for Material Culture Studies at The University of Delaware, the conference seeks, through an interdisciplinary and material culture approach, to reclaim the disability gaze as it extends into lived experience. We ask how the disability gaze creates objects of visual and material culture and in doing so asserts disabled people's subjectivity. The hybrid conference will take place at the University of Delaware’s STAR campus (Newark, DE) and online, and people may choose to attend in-person, virtually, or a combination of both. Please visit our conference website <https://www.google.com/url?q=http://disabilitygaze2022.squarespace.com/&source=gmail-imap&ust=1644942485000000&usg=AOvVaw2bDgC-CmCsmZFp3pqoPFRe> to register and for additional information, including the full program and more about our keynote speaker, the renowned artist, writer, and activist Riva Lehrer. Registration is free. The deadline for registration is 3/28 for in-person attendees and 4/15 for those joining virtually. Any questions can be sent to materialculture@udel.edu <mailto:materialculture@udel.edu> Conference co-organizers: Jaipreet Virdi (UD History Dept.), Jennifer Van Horn (UD History and Art History Depts.), Sarah Wasserman (UD English Dept.) * Read more or reply <https://networks.h-net.org/user/login?destination=node/9944263> Please help us keep H-Net free and accessible. $25 from each of our subscribers would fund H-Net for two years. Click here <https://networks.h-net.org/support-h-net> to make a tax-deductible donation online. Contact the Help Desk: help@mail.h-net.org <mailto:help@mail.h-net.org> . Manage notification settings by visiting My Profile > Notifications on the Commons <https://networks.h-net.org/> . <https://twitter.com/HNet_Humanities> <https://www.facebook.com/humanities.socialsciences.online>