Boston MA: Disability Policy Consortium hiring (1) Director of Research; (2) Ombudsman (MassHealth advocacy)

LX
Lydia X. Z. Brown
Tue, May 10, 2022 6:04 PM

DPC Seeking First Ever Director of Research:

Since 2009, when a groundbreaking report on disability health disparities
by Dennis Heaphy laid the groundwork for One Care, research has been a core
part of DPC's work. In the years since, we've worked with partners
including Brandeis University, Academy Health, Mathematica, and the Rippel
Foundation, on projects ranging from the future of health for people with
disabilities to the impact of opiates and opiate policy on our community.

Now, we're ready to take our research work to the next level, and we're
looking for a full-time Director of Research to lead our efforts. This
position will lead DPCs research division, including serving as principal
investigator on a major national project, and will work with our Executive
Director to launch new initiatives, hire up-and-coming researchers, and
make DPC into a national hub for disability research. Our goal is for DPC
to become a place where disabled researchers can flourish, and that can set
a clear national standard that research about people with disabilities must
be done by people with disabilities.

Qualifications:

  • PhD in Public Health, Economics, Political Science/Public Policy, or a
    related field.
  • Experience conducting community-based research on disability-related
    issues.
  • Demonstrated passion for disability rights and social justice.

Responsibilities
As part of their role, the Director of Research will:

  • Serve as the Director of DPC’s Research Department (one of DPC's four
    divisions) and be a part of our Senior Management Team.
  • Be principal investigator on a study for a major foundation on the
    barriers to accessing Long Term Services and Supports for disabled people
    of color.
  • Supervise members of DPC's research team, and help to recruit junior
    researchers as the need arises.
  • Work with the Development Associate and Executive Director to identify
    and pursue additional research opportunities, including contributing to
    grant applications, developing workplans, and taking on leadership roles
    for future projects.

Salary: $62,000

Benefits: Fully employer-paid dental insurance, life insurance, and
long-term disability insurance. 75% Individual Premium Reimbursement/ 50%
Family Plan Reimbursement for

Start: April 2022

This is a full-time role, but significant schedule flexibility is possible.
Position will begin as remote, with the expectation of becoming hybrid in
future.

Because of the nature of the critical research they will be leading,
candidates who are both people with disabilities and people of color will
be prioritized for this role.

If you are interested in applying for this position, or know someone who
might be a good fit, please email kbradshaw@dpcma.org
DPC has an opening for an Ombudsman on our My Ombudsman team! These
critical staff are the ones who work directly with MassHealth members and
their care plans to resolve issues and get the care they need. Read the
description below, and then click the link to apply!

Job Description
The Ombudsman’s role is to investigate, mediate, and resolve issues that
MassHealth health plan members report to our program. The Ombudsman is
responsible for managing a caseload of up to 50 cases that are assigned to
them by the Team Manager. Case work involves consistent communication,
investigation, documentation, and case resolution. The Ombudsman works with
their corresponding Lead to ensure that cases are progressing in accordance
to program guidelines. The Ombudsman will work under the co-supervision of
the Team Manager.

This is a full-time position with a salary range of $43,000-$46,000 per
year. DPC strongly encourages people with multilingual capabilities, those
who identify as BIPOC, and people with disabilities to apply.

CLICK HERE
https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001_hNJioktzRKrre7dnF-hZDm9lPO2mknfdblxNVD8EEDA1sjGhp0qUJNO6JQa99MzSdLeL6ddo3WbASs4eqQz--CaIeRlPj8-So_B44l4xg_pk1IAwsfiZTtXwfN7ocu9gu0ghjBuE0OmOqoW2QcWgXccHOQttjfWd-rdBq-BQpc=&c=RsXwTOqsmKJtc8LF26_Xrbn_ksV4nAgjxggkpscyfoSbbgNzOEYA1A==&ch=XaH1UzTWg1kpgEpObRqKgB5PhHaEuzIknvY2-Yu9T5k7LgKyBjQa4w==
for
a full description and information on how to apply.

[...]
DK
Devva Kasnitz
Thu, May 12, 2022 5:09 PM

FYI

Devva Kasnitz, PhD
Devvaco Consulting, 1614 D St. Eureka, CA 95501-2345 -- devva@earthlink.net or devvaco@gmail.com
Adj Professor, City University of New York—School of Professional Studies—Disability Studies

If you are interested in applying for this position, or know someone who might be a good fit, please email  mailto:kbradshaw@dpcma.org kbradshaw@dpcma.org

https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/1101116784221/S.gif

https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001_hNJioktzRKrre7dnF-hZDm9lPO2mknfdblxNVD8EEDA1sjGhp0qUJNO6JQa99MzSdLeL6ddo3WbASs4eqQz--CaIeRlPj8-So_B44l4xg_pk1IAwsfiZTtXwfN7ocu9gu0ghjBuE0OmOqoW2QcWgXccHOQttjfWd-rdBq-BQpc=&c=RsXwTOqsmKJtc8LF26_Xrbn_ksV4nAgjxggkpscyfoSbbgNzOEYA1A==&ch=XaH1UzTWg1kpgEpObRqKgB5PhHaEuzIknvY2-Yu9T5k7LgKyBjQa4w== CLICK HERE for a full description and information on how to apply.

FYI Devva Kasnitz, PhD Devvaco Consulting, 1614 D St. Eureka, CA 95501-2345 -- devva@earthlink.net or devvaco@gmail.com Adj Professor, City University of New York—School of Professional Studies—Disability Studies Text: 510-206-5767, She/Her/Hers From: Lydia X. Z. Brown via SDS-Discuss <sds-discuss@lists.disstudies.org> Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2022 11:04 AM To: Lydia's job board <lydiaishumanlinkedin@googlegroups.com> Subject: [SDS Members]Boston MA: Disability Policy Consortium hiring (1) Director of Research; (2) Ombudsman (MassHealth advocacy) DPC Seeking First Ever Director of Research: Since 2009, when a groundbreaking report on disability health disparities by Dennis Heaphy laid the groundwork for One Care, research has been a core part of DPC's work. In the years since, we've worked with partners including Brandeis University, Academy Health, Mathematica, and the Rippel Foundation, on projects ranging from the future of health for people with disabilities to the impact of opiates and opiate policy on our community. Now, we're ready to take our research work to the next level, and we're looking for a full-time Director of Research to lead our efforts. This position will lead DPCs research division, including serving as principal investigator on a major national project, and will work with our Executive Director to launch new initiatives, hire up-and-coming researchers, and make DPC into a national hub for disability research. Our goal is for DPC to become a place where disabled researchers can flourish, and that can set a clear national standard that research about people with disabilities must be done by people with disabilities. Qualifications: * PhD in Public Health, Economics, Political Science/Public Policy, or a related field. * Experience conducting community-based research on disability-related issues. * Demonstrated passion for disability rights and social justice. Responsibilities As part of their role, the Director of Research will: * Serve as the Director of DPC’s Research Department (one of DPC's four divisions) and be a part of our Senior Management Team. * Be principal investigator on a study for a major foundation on the barriers to accessing Long Term Services and Supports for disabled people of color. * Supervise members of DPC's research team, and help to recruit junior researchers as the need arises. * Work with the Development Associate and Executive Director to identify and pursue additional research opportunities, including contributing to grant applications, developing workplans, and taking on leadership roles for future projects. Salary: $62,000 Benefits: Fully employer-paid dental insurance, life insurance, and long-term disability insurance. 75% Individual Premium Reimbursement/ 50% Family Plan Reimbursement for Start: April 2022 This is a full-time role, but significant schedule flexibility is possible. Position will begin as remote, with the expectation of becoming hybrid in future. Because of the nature of the critical research they will be leading, candidates who are both people with disabilities and people of color will be prioritized for this role. If you are interested in applying for this position, or know someone who might be a good fit, please email <mailto:kbradshaw@dpcma.org> kbradshaw@dpcma.org <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/1101116784221/S.gif> DPC has an opening for an Ombudsman on our My Ombudsman team! These critical staff are the ones who work directly with MassHealth members and their care plans to resolve issues and get the care they need. Read the description below, and then click the link to apply! Job Description The Ombudsman’s role is to investigate, mediate, and resolve issues that MassHealth health plan members report to our program. The Ombudsman is responsible for managing a caseload of up to 50 cases that are assigned to them by the Team Manager. Case work involves consistent communication, investigation, documentation, and case resolution. The Ombudsman works with their corresponding Lead to ensure that cases are progressing in accordance to program guidelines. The Ombudsman will work under the co-supervision of the Team Manager. This is a full-time position with a salary range of $43,000-$46,000 per year. DPC strongly encourages people with multilingual capabilities, those who identify as BIPOC, and people with disabilities to apply. <https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001_hNJioktzRKrre7dnF-hZDm9lPO2mknfdblxNVD8EEDA1sjGhp0qUJNO6JQa99MzSdLeL6ddo3WbASs4eqQz--CaIeRlPj8-So_B44l4xg_pk1IAwsfiZTtXwfN7ocu9gu0ghjBuE0OmOqoW2QcWgXccHOQttjfWd-rdBq-BQpc=&c=RsXwTOqsmKJtc8LF26_Xrbn_ksV4nAgjxggkpscyfoSbbgNzOEYA1A==&ch=XaH1UzTWg1kpgEpObRqKgB5PhHaEuzIknvY2-Yu9T5k7LgKyBjQa4w==> CLICK HERE for a full description and information on how to apply.