Fwd: PLEASE SHARE: Disability Research

LX
Lydia X. Z. Brown
Tue, Jul 27, 2021 3:35 AM

In case anyone is interested:

*Lydia X. Z. Brown *
Pronouns: they/them/theirs/themself or no pronouns
+1 (202) 618-0187 | www.lydiaxzbrown.com | www.autistichoya.net
Founding Director, The Fund for Community Reparations for Autistic People
of Color's Interdependence, Survival, & Empowerment
Adjunct Lecturer & Core Faculty in Disability Studies, Georgetown University
Adjunct Professorial Lecturer in American Studies, American University
Department of Critical Race, Gender, & Culture Studies

‘no’
might make them angry
but
it will make you free.
— if no one has ever told you, your freedom is more important than their
anger.
— Nayyirah Waheed

“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I
can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“Life is short and the world
is at least half terrible, and for every kind
stranger, there is one who would break you,
though I keep this from my children. I am trying
to sell them the world. Any decent realtor,
walking you through a real shithole, chirps on
about good bones: This place could be beautiful,
right? You could make this place beautiful.”
― Maggie Smith

Having a hard time? Try bit.ly/selfcarehelp for a text-accessible,
interactive self-care/executive functioning tool.

I am one disabled person who receives an extremely large number of emails
every day, and does not have an assistant or staff. This sometimes means
that it can take me a few days (or longer) to reply, especially if it is
not urgent. I am also unable to provide immediate crisis support as I am a
single person and not a hotline or organization. Thank you for your
patience and care as I move on crip time
https://www.queerfutures.com/sundaysentiments/2019/1/27/sleeping-in-is-how-we-crip-time-by-shayda-kafai
.

If you are receiving this email outside of your typical working hours, I
also hope that you feel no pressure to read or respond until your schedule,
workload, and energy permit.