Re: SfAA 2023 Registration and Abstract Submission Now Open

PB
Pamela Block
Thu, Aug 25, 2022 4:53 PM

Hi Everyone,
Sara Acevedo and I are planning to attend this. Anyone wanting to attend and/or help organize panels for the Disability Interest Group of SfAA? This is an amazing space for emerging scholars who do interdisciplinary and intersectional work.
Best,
Pam

From: Society for Applied Anthropology meeting@appliedanthro.org
Sent: August 25, 2022 11:58 AM
To: Pamela Block pblock@uwo.ca
Subject: SfAA 2023 Registration and Abstract Submission Now Open

SfAA 2023 Registration and Abstract Submission Now Open

Registration and abstract submission are now open for the Society for Applied Anthropology 83rd Annual Meeting, to be held at the Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza Hotel, March 28-April 1, 2023. We invite you to join us for the 2023 annual meeting to examine the many potentials of applied anthropology and other social sciences. The meeting will be hybrid in format, with onsite meetings in Cincinnati, Ohio, prerecorded online content, and online synchronous and asynchronous discussion and networking opportunities. More information on the format and participation options can be found at the end of this message.

The theme of the 2023 SfAA annual meeting is Applied Anthropology at a Crossroad. Longstanding political, sociocultural, and environmental problems persist, even as new problems emerge in an increasingly complex world reeling from the continuing impacts of a global pandemic, systemic inequalities, and increasing geopolitical instabilities. How can we better train future generations of anthropologists and other social scientists for the work they will do and the jobs that await them? Where and how can our methods and findings be better employed to ameliorate the problems of our time, and how can we more effectively influence decision makers in public and private spheres? The annual meeting offers a forum for the articulation of innovative approaches to more creative teaching, research, and practice in anthropology and related social sciences.

The abstract submission deadline is October 15. Registration is required to submit an abstract. To begin the registration process and learn about the theme and participation options, please go to:

https://www.appliedanthro.org/annual-meeting

COVID-19 Considerations: We are committed to hosting a safe in-person meeting, and to giving our members the information they need to make informed decisions about whether to come to Cincinnati or participate in the online parts of the meeting. The SfAA will align our health and safety guidelines with the CDC and local guidelines at the time of the meeting.

We look forward to seeing you in Cincinnati!

Additional Information on Format and Presentation Options for Cincinnati 2023

The SfAA 2023 Annual Meeting will use a hybrid model that builds on lessons learned from the 2022 annual meeting and a review of hybrid approaches used by other organizations. The presentation options are described below.

Organized session/panel/ roundtable
In-person OR Online (prerecorded)
All presenters in a session/panel/roundtable must agree on either an online or onsite format at the time abstracts are submitted. The SfAA cannot facilitate mixed in-person/Zoom sessions.

Volunteered papers
In-person OR Online (prerecorded)
In-person volunteer papers will be grouped into volunteered sessions. Online volunteer papers will be prerecorded and posted to Whova.

Posters
In-person (printed) OR Online (prerecorded video)
In-person posters must be printed and will be presented during the in-person poster session. Online posters must follow the video poster formatting instructions and time requirements and will be uploaded to Whova.

Other important details:

Session/presentation format cannot be changed after abstract submission. If you are scheduled to present in-person and find that you cannot be in-person, you may send a recording or paper to your session chair to play or read. If you are scheduled to present online, and decide to attend in person, you should still prerecord your presentation.
*
Scheduled live virtual discussions for prerecorded sessions will be facilitated for participants during the meeting. Text-based online discussions for asking and responding to questions are also available.
*
Key onsite events such as the business meeting, award ceremonies, and sessions that highlight the meeting’s theme will be recorded and made available online to all registrants.
*
Information on local events, tours, historical and cultural sites will be available to onsite participants and shared virtually with online participants.
*
All session recordings will be available to participants for six months following the meeting.

Hi Everyone, Sara Acevedo and I are planning to attend this. Anyone wanting to attend and/or help organize panels for the Disability Interest Group of SfAA? This is an amazing space for emerging scholars who do interdisciplinary and intersectional work. Best, Pam ________________________________ From: Society for Applied Anthropology <meeting@appliedanthro.org> Sent: August 25, 2022 11:58 AM To: Pamela Block <pblock@uwo.ca> Subject: SfAA 2023 Registration and Abstract Submission Now Open SfAA 2023 Registration and Abstract Submission Now Open Registration and abstract submission are now open for the Society for Applied Anthropology 83rd Annual Meeting, to be held at the Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza Hotel, March 28-April 1, 2023. We invite you to join us for the 2023 annual meeting to examine the many potentials of applied anthropology and other social sciences. The meeting will be hybrid in format, with onsite meetings in Cincinnati, Ohio, prerecorded online content, and online synchronous and asynchronous discussion and networking opportunities. More information on the format and participation options can be found at the end of this message. The theme of the 2023 SfAA annual meeting is Applied Anthropology at a Crossroad. Longstanding political, sociocultural, and environmental problems persist, even as new problems emerge in an increasingly complex world reeling from the continuing impacts of a global pandemic, systemic inequalities, and increasing geopolitical instabilities. How can we better train future generations of anthropologists and other social scientists for the work they will do and the jobs that await them? Where and how can our methods and findings be better employed to ameliorate the problems of our time, and how can we more effectively influence decision makers in public and private spheres? The annual meeting offers a forum for the articulation of innovative approaches to more creative teaching, research, and practice in anthropology and related social sciences. The abstract submission deadline is October 15. Registration is required to submit an abstract. To begin the registration process and learn about the theme and participation options, please go to: https://www.appliedanthro.org/annual-meeting COVID-19 Considerations: We are committed to hosting a safe in-person meeting, and to giving our members the information they need to make informed decisions about whether to come to Cincinnati or participate in the online parts of the meeting. The SfAA will align our health and safety guidelines with the CDC and local guidelines at the time of the meeting. We look forward to seeing you in Cincinnati! Additional Information on Format and Presentation Options for Cincinnati 2023 The SfAA 2023 Annual Meeting will use a hybrid model that builds on lessons learned from the 2022 annual meeting and a review of hybrid approaches used by other organizations. The presentation options are described below. Organized session/panel/ roundtable In-person OR Online (prerecorded) All presenters in a session/panel/roundtable must agree on either an online or onsite format at the time abstracts are submitted. The SfAA cannot facilitate mixed in-person/Zoom sessions. Volunteered papers In-person OR Online (prerecorded) In-person volunteer papers will be grouped into volunteered sessions. Online volunteer papers will be prerecorded and posted to Whova. Posters In-person (printed) OR Online (prerecorded video) In-person posters must be printed and will be presented during the in-person poster session. Online posters must follow the video poster formatting instructions and time requirements and will be uploaded to Whova. Other important details: * Session/presentation format cannot be changed after abstract submission. If you are scheduled to present in-person and find that you cannot be in-person, you may send a recording or paper to your session chair to play or read. If you are scheduled to present online, and decide to attend in person, you should still prerecord your presentation. * Scheduled live virtual discussions for prerecorded sessions will be facilitated for participants during the meeting. Text-based online discussions for asking and responding to questions are also available. * Key onsite events such as the business meeting, award ceremonies, and sessions that highlight the meeting’s theme will be recorded and made available online to all registrants. * Information on local events, tours, historical and cultural sites will be available to onsite participants and shared virtually with online participants. * All session recordings will be available to participants for six months following the meeting.
TG
T.j. Gordon
Mon, Aug 29, 2022 8:25 PM

Hi everyone,

I would love to help organize the panels for the SfAA conference.

Sincerely,

Timotheus "T.J." Gordon, Jr.

Timotheus "T.J." Gordon, Jr.
he/his/him pronouns
Visiting Research Associate II  (Institute on Disability and Human
Development at UIC)
Co-Founder (Chicagoland Disabled People of Color Coalition)
MSc in Disability and Human Development, MFA in Writing
[image: A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in email
signature] https://www.name-coach.com/timotheus-gordonjrOffice Phone
Number: 312-413-7949
Email: tgordo7@uic.edu

*Note: Effective May 31st, 2022, I will hold hybrid office hours on Mondays

  • Fridays from 9:00am CT to 5:00pm CT. Any e-mail correspondence before or
    after office hours will be answered in the next business day, unless it is
    urgent. *

https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.appliedanthro.org%2Fannual-meeting&data=05%7C01%7Ctgordo7%40groute.uic.edu%7Cb79a77ee008c4d233f1e08da87872cad%7Ce202cd477a564baa99e3e3b71a7c77dd%7C0%7C0%7C637971311906567792%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=tmwf7o9woYTszUiduyX%2BgWpDwVLHEScXL%2BeM36AgTOw%3D&reserved=0

[...]

This is sds-discuss@lists.disstudies.org. A members- only benefit of the
Society for Disability Studies. When you joined SDS you agreed or not to be
a List Member and specified at what address(es). Your Membership is
currently set to tgordo7@uic.edu. If that has changed, please login to
your SDS Membership Profile and change your settings.
https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsocietyfordisabilitystudies.wildapricot.org%2FSys%2FLogin&data=05%7C01%7Ctgordo7%40groute.uic.edu%7Cb79a77ee008c4d233f1e08da87872cad%7Ce202cd477a564baa99e3e3b71a7c77dd%7C0%7C0%7C637971311906724041%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=EE7jUvzcgfUB%2B%2B96BM8MXPdi%2BxS9eZ%2FptcDWgRQwPWM%3D&reserved=0
.
You may unsubscribe here:
https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flists.disstudies.org%2Flist%2Fsds-discuss.lists.disstudies.org%23&data=05%7C01%7Ctgordo7%40groute.uic.edu%7Cb79a77ee008c4d233f1e08da87872cad%7Ce202cd477a564baa99e3e3b71a7c77dd%7C0%7C0%7C637971311906724041%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=ckmgQOKwxK1Cf8A4SpBjW2fLSbNqy6%2FBCCx1vpukJN0%3D&reserved=0.
However, you need to change your SDS Profile to avoid being resubscribed.

Hi everyone, I would love to help organize the panels for the SfAA conference. Sincerely, Timotheus "T.J." Gordon, Jr. Timotheus "T.J." Gordon, Jr. he/his/him pronouns Visiting Research Associate II (Institute on Disability and Human Development at UIC) Co-Founder (Chicagoland Disabled People of Color Coalition) MSc in Disability and Human Development, MFA in Writing [image: A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in email signature] <https://www.name-coach.com/timotheus-gordonjr>Office Phone Number: 312-413-7949 Email: tgordo7@uic.edu *Note: Effective May 31st, 2022, I will hold hybrid office hours on Mondays - Fridays from 9:00am CT to 5:00pm CT. Any e-mail correspondence before or after office hours will be answered in the next business day, unless it is urgent. * On Fri, Aug 26, 2022 at 12:19 PM Pamela Block via SDS-Discuss < sds-discuss@lists.disstudies.org> wrote: > > Hi Everyone, > Sara Acevedo and I are planning to attend this. Anyone wanting to attend > and/or help organize panels for the Disability Interest Group of SfAA? This > is an amazing space for emerging scholars who do interdisciplinary and > intersectional work. > Best, > Pam > > ------------------------------ > *From:* Society for Applied Anthropology <meeting@appliedanthro.org> > *Sent:* August 25, 2022 11:58 AM > *To:* Pamela Block <pblock@uwo.ca> > *Subject:* SfAA 2023 Registration and Abstract Submission Now Open > > *SfAA 2023 Registration and Abstract Submission Now Open* > > Registration and abstract submission are now open for the Society for > Applied Anthropology 83rd Annual Meeting, to be held at the Hilton > Cincinnati Netherland Plaza Hotel, March 28-April 1, 2023. We invite you to > join us for the 2023 annual meeting to examine the many potentials of > applied anthropology and other social sciences. The meeting will be hybrid > in format, with onsite meetings in Cincinnati, Ohio, prerecorded online > content, and online synchronous and asynchronous discussion and networking > opportunities. More information on the format and participation options can > be found at the end of this message. > > The theme of the 2023 SfAA annual meeting is *Applied Anthropology at a > Crossroad*. Longstanding political, sociocultural, and environmental > problems persist, even as new problems emerge in an increasingly complex > world reeling from the continuing impacts of a global pandemic, systemic > inequalities, and increasing geopolitical instabilities. How can we better > train future generations of anthropologists and other social scientists for > the work they will do and the jobs that await them? Where and how can our > methods and findings be better employed to ameliorate the problems of our > time, and how can we more effectively influence decision makers in public > and private spheres? The annual meeting offers a forum for the articulation > of innovative approaches to more creative teaching, research, and practice > in anthropology and related social sciences. > > The *abstract submission deadline is October 15*. Registration is > required to submit an abstract. To begin the registration process and learn > about the theme and participation options, please go to: > > https://www.appliedanthro.org/annual-meeting > <https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.appliedanthro.org%2Fannual-meeting&data=05%7C01%7Ctgordo7%40groute.uic.edu%7Cb79a77ee008c4d233f1e08da87872cad%7Ce202cd477a564baa99e3e3b71a7c77dd%7C0%7C0%7C637971311906567792%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=tmwf7o9woYTszUiduyX%2BgWpDwVLHEScXL%2BeM36AgTOw%3D&reserved=0> > > COVID-19 Considerations: We are committed to hosting a safe in-person > meeting, and to giving our members the information they need to make > informed decisions about whether to come to Cincinnati or participate in > the online parts of the meeting. *The SfAA will align our health and > safety guidelines with the CDC and local guidelines at the time of the > meeting.* > > *We look forward to seeing you in Cincinnati!* > > > *Additional Information on Format and Presentation Options for Cincinnati > 2023* > > The SfAA 2023 Annual Meeting will use a hybrid model that builds on > lessons learned from the 2022 annual meeting and a review of hybrid > approaches used by other organizations. The presentation options are > described below. > > *Organized session/panel/ roundtable* > In-person OR Online (prerecorded) > All presenters in a session/panel/roundtable must agree on either an > online or onsite format at the time abstracts are submitted. The SfAA > cannot facilitate mixed in-person/Zoom sessions. > > *Volunteered papers* > In-person OR Online (prerecorded) > In-person volunteer papers will be grouped into volunteered sessions. > Online volunteer papers will be prerecorded and posted to Whova. > > *Posters* > In-person (printed) OR Online (prerecorded video) > In-person posters must be printed and will be presented during the > in-person poster session. Online posters must follow the video poster > formatting instructions and time requirements and will be uploaded to Whova. > > *Other important details:* > > - Session/presentation format cannot be changed after abstract > submission. If you are scheduled to present in-person and find that you > cannot be in-person, you may send a recording or paper to your session > chair to play or read. If you are scheduled to present online, and decide > to attend in person, you should still prerecord your presentation. > - Scheduled live virtual discussions for prerecorded sessions will be > facilitated for participants during the meeting. Text-based online > discussions for asking and responding to questions are also available. > - Key onsite events such as the business meeting, award ceremonies, > and sessions that highlight the meeting’s theme will be recorded and made > available online to all registrants. > - Information on local events, tours, historical and cultural sites > will be available to onsite participants and shared virtually with online > participants. > - All session recordings will be available to participants for six > months following the meeting. > > This is sds-discuss@lists.disstudies.org. A members- only benefit of the > Society for Disability Studies. When you joined SDS you agreed or not to be > a List Member and specified at what address(es). Your Membership is > currently set to tgordo7@uic.edu. If that has changed, please login to > your SDS Membership Profile and change your settings. > https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsocietyfordisabilitystudies.wildapricot.org%2FSys%2FLogin&amp;data=05%7C01%7Ctgordo7%40groute.uic.edu%7Cb79a77ee008c4d233f1e08da87872cad%7Ce202cd477a564baa99e3e3b71a7c77dd%7C0%7C0%7C637971311906724041%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&amp;sdata=EE7jUvzcgfUB%2B%2B96BM8MXPdi%2BxS9eZ%2FptcDWgRQwPWM%3D&amp;reserved=0 > . > You may unsubscribe here: > https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flists.disstudies.org%2Flist%2Fsds-discuss.lists.disstudies.org%23&amp;data=05%7C01%7Ctgordo7%40groute.uic.edu%7Cb79a77ee008c4d233f1e08da87872cad%7Ce202cd477a564baa99e3e3b71a7c77dd%7C0%7C0%7C637971311906724041%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&amp;sdata=ckmgQOKwxK1Cf8A4SpBjW2fLSbNqy6%2FBCCx1vpukJN0%3D&amp;reserved=0. > However, you need to change your SDS Profile to avoid being resubscribed. >